Are you a Compliance Officer with practice experience looking to join a successful and rapidly growing Berkshire based Accountancy firm? Then read on!
FLB are an independent firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisors and one of the fastest growing Top 100 accountancy firms in the UK.
We are looking to appoint a Compliance Officer to head up our Technical Services Team. The team is being created to identify, assess, advise on, monitor and report on the firm’s compliance risk. This is an internal position and will focus on firm wide processes, as well as ensuring that the business complies with external regulatory requirements. The role will be based at our Winnersh head office, and you will be working with senior members of the team across the business reporting to the Partner group.
Key Responsibilities of this Compliance Officer role include:
· Leading and helping on the design of programmes that improve compliance.
· Working with department heads to develop a program for reviewing and updating current processes across all business departments.
· Monitor internal compliance with internal processes.
· Ensuring that the business remains compliant with its regulatory obligations to the ICAEW, including annual compliance reviews, AML obligations, hot reviews, and cold review compliance.
· Performing research to stay informed about compliance standards.
· Educating employees and partners through training sessions.
· Motivating employees to exceed compliance standards.
· Conducting investigations to discover the root cause of compliance problems as they arise.
· Ad hoc tasks and projects.
In order to be successful in this Compliance Officer role you must have the following:
· Qualified Accountant with 10+ years of experience from a practice background (ACA or ACCA)
· In-depth understanding of ICAEW standards and regulations.
· Excellent project management skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently
· Strong communicator and ability to work with the wider senior team.
If successful here are the benefits you will be enjoying:
Holiday: 25 days holiday increasing by one day per years’ service up to a maximum of 30 days with an option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
Hours: Flexible working between home and the office with a rolling start time between 8.30 to 9.30 on 7.5 hour working day.
Benefits: Non-contributory private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life assurance.
A brand new role in a firm that is going from strength to strength, this is a great time to join FLB.