Are you an ACA/ACCA qualified Financial Reporting Manager, looking to progress your career in a rapidly growing, successful practice based in the south Reading area? Then read on!
FLB are an independent firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisors that focus on providing expert tax, accounting, and business advisory services to a diverse and ever-growing portfolio of clients. We take a modern and proactive approach in our service offerings to clients, implementing practical and effective solutions using the latest technology. Innovating processes using software is a vital part of our strategy in all facets of our business, including the development of our teams and growing our business. You will be working with clients that range from big corporates, renewable energy innovators, investors in the world of film and media, to smaller owner managed businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our Financial Reporting team, to help us continue our progress towards becoming a Top 50 firm. This candidate should be highly motivated, have a strong understanding of business financials and a broad knowledge of accounting and finance issues.
As a Manager within the Financial Reporting team, you will be reporting to the team’s Director and your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing a young team, including managing performance, setting goals and ongoing training.
- Reviewing and managing statutory accounts and corporation tax returns prepared by the team.
- Providing business advice to clients.
- Preparing more complex sets of statutory accounts using UK GAAP for Limited companies, Sole traders, Partnerships and LLP’s ensuring all relevant disclosures are included and correct, including consolidations.
- Preparing tax computations for both limited companies and on occasions individuals to provide advice to clients on remuneration planning.
- Managing client relationships, servicing, budgeting, and billing.
- Scope to get involved with ad hoc tasks and projects within the business.
To be successful in this Manager role you will need to have the following:
- ACA or ACCA qualified, ideally 2-5 years post qualified.
- Experience working within an accounting practice environment.
- Demonstrate strong, working knowledge of relevant accounting and reporting standards.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload in a calm and collected manner to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of cloud apps, such Xero, Sage and QuickBooks.
Our new open plan offices at Winnersh Triangle have free parking, excellent transport links and are a 5-minute walk from the station. We also have office locations in central London (Soho) and Epsom.
FLB offer a competitive starting salary and a range of generous benefits including non-contributory private medical insurance and 25 days holiday increasing by one day per years’ service up to a maximum of 30 days. We also have flexible working.
If FLB and what we can offer is ticking all your boxes, then please APPLY NOW! We believe this Manager’s role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our brilliant team of professionals, both newly qualified and experienced, together with fresh, young talent within a fun and vibrant environment!